Pando Love

Pando Love
5/2013

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mommy Struggles

Being an asthmatic as a kid is hard. It's a struggle to run, play, and do many other things. I pushed myself as a kid but every time I did, I would get into trouble and not be able to breathe. I would be so sad and so depressed all the time when kids would play and I wasn't able to. Now as a mommy, I'm seeing a whole new side to asthma. My precious Malakhi is so sick with a cold and night times are horrible. He coughs so hard he ends up throwing up.

I just went into his room because his coughing was not letting up. I picked him up and had to wake him completely up to use his inhaler as he just cried. He then begged me to just hold him so I picked him up, took him to the bathroom, and rubbed vicks all over his little chest. My heart just broke. As I sat in the bathroom with him, all I could do was pray and cry. It hurts me so much to see such a little guy be in such misery. I love you Malakhi. I pray Mateo doesn't have asthma. He's already starting to show signs as well.

Lord, let Your will be done. Please help me to be strong for my boys. In Jesus Name. Amen.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Aw Becky, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is. Can they do something else for him right now? It is such a bad time of year with all the environmental allergens. Ki has done so much better now that we have him on a nebulizer. Those nights of throwing up from coughing are horrible. I am really afraid Hanna has it too :( The good news is that if they treat it really well he can be a normal kid. For real!! Ki can pretty much live outside and still survive.
(((HUGS)))

mommy2khinmatt said...

I know. I had asthma as a kid too I just hate seeing him like this. It's so bad mainly because of his cold. I know it will get better soon. Thank you. I'm glad Ki is doing good too. I'll be praying for Hannah as well. Thank you so much for your support.